Lectures and talks
We like discussing ideas and sharing experiences in invited talks or, if possible, interactive workshops. The list below shows examples of talks and workshops by the team of ICT Institute. Should you be interested in one of these topics or a related topic, let us know and we are happy to contribute. The first part contains complete university courses, typically consisting of a series of lectures (and practical sessions). The second part contains invited talks and conference contributions.
University lectures /courses
- Delft, September 2016: Lecture series for the course “System Engineering 2” at The Hague University of Applied Sciences by Joost Schalken-Pinkster
- Utrecht, September 2016: Lecture series for the course: “Concurrent Systems Modeling” at the University of Applied Science Utrecht by Joost Schalken-Pinkster
- Utrecht, April 2016: Lecture series for the course: “System Architecture” at the University of Applied Science Utrecht by Joost Schalken-Pinkster
- Amsterdam, March-April-May 2016: Lecture series “Software project management” by Jeroen Arnoldus, Joost Schalken-Pinkster and Sieuwert van Otterloo. For this lecture series we created a series of blog posts corresponding to each lecture, from project vision to estimation to risk management.
- Utrecht, September 2015: Lecture series for the course: “Real-time Systems Programming” at the University of Applied Science Utrecht by Joost Schalken-Pinkster
- Shenyang, China December 2014, October 2015 and December 2016, Lecture series for the course “Design Patterns & Software Archiecture” at Software College of the North-Eastern University in Shenyang, China by Joost Schalken-Pinkster
Invited talks, presentations and workshops
- Philadelphia (USA), August 8 2016: Invited poster/talk on deep learning and neural networks by Stefan Leijnen.
- Driebergen, 15 juni 2016: Lecture on the Startup ecosystem, culture and methods for Meionata, a learning and personal development group of IT professionals
- Amsterdam, April 18 2016: Workshop software testing – best practices at the Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences, by Sieuwert van Otterloo and Stefan Leijnen.
- Utrecht, March 2 2016: Secure software engineering. Guest lecture at Utrecht University of Applied Sciences by Joost Schalken-Pinkster and Sieuwert van Otterloo
- Utrecht, Feb / March 2016: Two-day workshop on new trends in software development by Geert Jonker, Joost Schalken-Pinkster and Sieuwert van Otterloo. Topics included Internet of Things, Data Science, Security and new languages. A summary (in Dutch) is given here. The workshop was held for members of the NVBI, the Dutch organisation for IT professionals.
- Ede, 30 september 2015. Workshop “Data protection and privacy” at the DataExpert Digital Experience, by Sieuwert van Otterloo. At this conference attended by security and forensic experts, we discussed the practical impact of the new privacy laws. A summary of the talk is described here.
- Redmond, May 14 2015: A European perspective on Cybercrime. Invited talk at the Microsoft Digital Crimes Unit. Part of the lessons from our research visit are summarised in this blog post on malware.
- London, October 2014: IT Due Diligence for Fintech Startups by Sieuwert van Otterloo. Invited techtalk at Startupbootcamp.
- Rotterdam, September 2014: Invited talk at ISWM Mensura conference “Business productivity of IT” by Joost Schalken-Pinkster
- Amsterdam, May 21 2014: How to write maintainable software – CTO workshop at Startupbootcamp Amsterdam by Sieuwert van Otterloo.
- October 10, 2013: Workshop “Agile ontwikkelen, aandachtspunten voor opdrachtgevers” at SGOA by Sieuwert van Otterloo
For more information on ICT Institute, please look at our list of projects, and read our blogs on research topics, such as the blogs on Lean Startup, Security / ISO 27001, Digital Privacy. Before sending us source code for analysis, please check this page on secure transfer of source code.
Image: Historical image of famous lecturer Dr. Richard Feynman. Public domain via department of energy.