Working at ICT Institute
ICT Institute is looking for an IT researcher, Software developer and a Consultant to strengthen our core team. We have several open positions at multiple levels for people with the right analytical and communication skills and a passion for IT.
Many of our clients speak and read Dutch, so we’re looking for colleagues who speak, write and read Dutch too. Please have a look at our Dutch website for more details on the following vacancies:
- IT researcher
- Software developer
Who are we?
ICT Institute / SoftwareZaken is a consultancy firm for objective and independent IT advice. Our goal is to ensure that IT is used in the right way, where we focus on Security and Privacy. ICT Institute currently consists of about 7 people. This “about” has to do with our way of working. We have a small permanent core team of which at least 1 or 2 people are always involved in an assignment. We also often call in the help of one of our part-time consultants or freelancers. An overview of the current team can be found here.
The ICT Institute way of working
Most people at ICT Institute have the role of “consultant / expert”. In this versatile position you will devote most of the time to providing insights to our customers through research and consultancy: you visit clients for interviews, inspect IT systems, code, and documents and deliver results in the form of presentations and reports. In a typical week you work on two part-time projects, with 2 or 3 experts involved in each project. In this way there is a lot of interaction and collaboration between the different consultants / experts.
In addition to advice, you are expected to contribute to the research and development of new products. Depending on your background and ambitions this can mean: scientific research, programming our own tools and scripts, reading trends and writing on our blog, or improving our checklists and other material. We expect everyone to contribute to the continuous improvement of our services and also take responsibility for growth and development of personal knowledge. There is a lot of room for initiative: each person can select the themes he or she works on, based on personal interests and value for the company in the long term.
Whom we are looking for
To match ICT Institute, we ask our fellow workers to can and have the following:
A passion for software. Having experience with programming in the research / academic world or as an IT professional is crucial. Most assignments are quite technical, so a good understanding of code and programming is a must.
Strong communication and presentation skills in order to inform and advise our customers about proposals and projects. Assignments are only successful if the customer is happy with the result and understands the outcome.
An Agile mindset. We work in an Agile way, with direct communication, short feedback loops and a focus on people instead of methods and processes. This way, we focus on what is important and the customer always stays up to date.
The ability to speak, read and write Dutch and English. Not all of our customers are Dutch-speaking and / or based in the Netherlands, so it is important to be able to work in both languages fluently.
Positions and criteria
In our recruitment process, we first determine whether we want to hire a person based on the abovementioned skills, and then we try to find the right role description and function. We have positions for all levels of experience. To provide some structure, we have defined the following levels:
- Junior consultant: graduated Master of Science with 0-2 years of experience.
- Medior consultant: graduated Master of Science with 2-5 years experience or PhD graduate with 0-2 years of work experience.
- Senior consultant / project manager: graduated Master of Science with more than 5 years experience or PhD. graduated with 2+ years of work experience.
What we offer
With the many job opportunities that currently exist in IT, you naturally ask yourself “Why should I choose ICT Institute?”. Good question! We have already listed the main reasons:
- ICT Institute is a great place to work; We are a cross-over company with the passion and enthusiasm of a start-up, and the financial health of a large traditional company. Everyone in our company works on the things they care about, gets the freedom and the means to do their job as well as possible and is supported by all other people in the company. Having knowledge is one thing, but working with passion and sharing knowledge is even more important to us.
- We offer a good salary; Due to our simple and transparent business model, which covers all actual costs, we are able to pay the usual salaries for all functions. In addition, there are some nice benefits (phone costs covered, your favorite laptop, possibility to visit workshops and conferences, etc.).
- Employees have the opportunity to be a partner and business owner; ICT Institute has a share certification plan with which we can offer our employees economic share ownership. For us, this is more than just a financial plan: we want everyone to feel co-owner of our company.
If you are interested, but are not sure whether you want to apply, you can also contact Sieuwert van Otterloo or another team member for an introductory meeting. If you want more information first, check out our list of projects, our list of lectures and our blog. You can apply at any time by sending your CV (or a link to LinkedIn) and a short letter with a description of the type of job you are interested in. If you are invited for an interview: our dress code is business casual, tie is not mandatory.
Image credit: Unsplash, icon credit: www.flaticon.com