Working at ICT Institute
ICT Institute is continuously looking for new consultants/experts to strengthen our core team. We have several open positions at multiple levels (junior, medior and senior) for people with the right analytical and communication skills and a passion for IT. Please contact us with any questions.
ICT Institute way or working
Most people in ICT Institute have the role of “consultant/expert”. In this versatile role you will spend most of your time providing insights to our clients through research and consultancy: you visit clients for interviews, inspect IT systems, code and documents and deliver results in the form of presentations and reports. In a typical week you will work on two part-time projects, with 2-3 experts involved in each project. This way there is a lot of interaction and collaboration between the different consultants/experts.
Next to consultancy/advice you are expected to contribute to research and new product development. Depending on your background and ambitions this can mean scientific research, coding of our own tools and scripts, reading on trends and writing on our blog or improving our checklists and other material. Each person must contribute to the continuous improvement of our services and is also expected to take responsibility of personal knowledge growth and development. There is a lot of room for initiative: each person can select the themes that he or she works on based on personal interests and long term value for the company.
What we are looking for
In order to be successful you need to have the following skills.
- Analytical skills. All current staff have an academic and scientific background, such as a Master of Science or a Ph.D. in computer science, mathematics, physics or other sciences.
- Passion for software. You should have experience with computer programming either in research/academia or as an IT professional.
- Ability to explain technical issues for a non-technical audience, taking into account the user perspective and wider issues such as economic value, privacy, security and reputation.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Agile mindset. We want people that use the agile principles such as direct communication, short feedback loops and a focus on people rather than methods and process.
- Ability to speak, read and write Dutch and English
Next to these core skills, we also hope that you bring in your unique experience and knowledge in the area of software development, IT security or IT quality. We believe a diversity of backgrounds is helpful for bringing the best advice to clients. So if you have a unique experience or perspective, tell us about it. If you are a recent graduate without a unique work experience yet, tell us what you would like to learn or develop when working here.
Functions and criteria
In our hiring process, we first determine if we would like to hire a person based on the skills listed above, and then we try to find the right role description and function. We thus have positions for all levels of experience. To provide some structure we have defined the following levels:
- Junior consultant: Master of science graduate with 0-2 years of experience
- Medior consultant: Master of Science graduate with 2-5 years of experience or a Ph.D. graduate with 0-2 years of work experience.
- Senior consultant / project manager: Master of Science graduate with 5+ years of experience or a Ph.D. graduate with 2+ years of work experience.
- Principal consultant: Experienced consultants with 5+ years of consulting experience and unique knowledge to add to our team.
What we can offer
- A great place to work. ICT Institute is a cross-over company with the passion and enthusiasm of a startup, and the financial health of a large traditional firm. Everyone in our company is working on things they care about, gets the freedom and the means to do their job in the best way possible and gets support from all other people in the company.
- A good salary. We have a simple and transparent business model that covers all real costs and allows us to pay the usual salaries for all positions. In addition there are some nice benefits (phone costs covered, your favourite laptop, ability to visit workshops and conferences)
- A chance to be partner and business owner: ICT Institute has a share-certification plan that allows us to offer economic ownership of shares to our staff. For us this is more than just a financial plan: we want everyone to feel a co-owner of our company.
If you are interested but not sure yet whether to apply, you can also contact Sieuwert van Otterloo or any other team member for an introduction meeting. If you first would like to have more information, please check our list of projects, our list of talks and lectures, and our blog posts. You can apply at any point in time by sending your CV (or link to linkedin) and a short letter describing what kind of position you are interested in. Should you be invited to an interview: our dress code is business casual, tie not required.
Image credit: public domain – unsplash via pixabay